Objective: Enjoy a 5 day hike on the Appalachian Trail (AT), covering at least 30 miles. Plan is to hike South from Fontana Dam to the Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC)
SAT, 9 June, 2012 (Day 1):
- 0830 Depart vic HSV
- 0900 Rrendevous at the Gurley Piggly Wiggly. (Wade/Hawrych join and ride with someone)
- 1000 Rendevous with Mr. Wade Sr. in South Pittsburg; continue to the NOC.
- Route on Google Maps here: http://g.co/maps/3gpt5 .
- 1345 (ET) Arrive N.O.C. and leave car(s), continue to Fontana Dam,
- Route on Google Maps here: http://g.co/maps/2rwa8 .
- 1415 Arrive Fontana Dam. Park Cars; Hike to Fontana Dam Shelter. Approx 1.1 miles
SUN, 10 June, 2012 (Day 2): Hike from Fontana Dam shelter to Cable Gap Shelter. Approx 6.8 miles
MON, 11 June, 2012 (Day 3): Hike from Cable Gap Shelter to Brown Fork Shelter. Approx 6.1 Miles
TUE, 12 June, 2012 (Day 4): Hike From Brown Fork Shelter to Sassafras Shelter. Approx 9.1 miles
WED, 13 June, 2012 (Day 5):
- Hike from Sassafras Shelter to NOC. Approx 6.9 miles
- 1400 Arrive NOC. Shower, eat?
- 1530 Depart for Fontanna for vehicles
- 1600 Arrive Fontanna
- Mr. Rice
- Sam R.
- Mr. Rogers
- Logan R.
- Ms. Mindy Rogers
- Mr. Wade (Jr.)
- Mr. Wade (Sr.)
- Roman H.
- Mr. Gipner
- Asher G.
- Thomas G.
Links to other info: