Boy Scout Troop 364
Meets on Wednesday nights 7-8:30 pm
Latham United Methodist Church
109 Weatherly Road, Huntsville AL
Who are we?
Our troop is:
- An active organization that builds on fifty years of local and national Scouting to guide our mission and the advancement of our scouts. We average two to three new Eagle Scouts per year and we are proud of the 150+ Eagle Scouts who joined the ranks of leaders, such as astronaut Neil Armstrong, the 38th U.S. President, Gerald Ford and movie director, Steven Spielberg.
- A boy-lead troop that conducts a dynamic outdoor program. We camp and hike at least once a month throughout the year to help develop leadership, skills proficiency, and confidence in ability. Our scouts also do not shy away from high adventure challenges such as Philmont, Seabase, National Scout Jamboree, the Appalachian Trail and the Buffalo River.
- A leadership and character developer through training and service oriented community involvement, such as paper collection drives, service projects, flag raising ceremonies and ushering on a regular basis. Past response to public need include food service for tornado victims and disaster food collection as examples of our participation. We continuously support the BSA Greater Alabama Council Scouting Program in our community.
- A firm believer in building and promoting our scouts with the time honored tenets of:
– Be Prepared in Mind and Body
– Exercise Ethical Leadership
– Do a Good Turn Daily
– Develop Life Long Skills